- I really shouldn’t neglect my blog so much. I mean, I do think up quite a lot of new stuff to put it in while I am in the shower – why do all good things happen in there anyway? Seriously, I need to invent some kind of pad that attaches to my shower stall in which I can jot down all my ideas as they come – but life gets in the way as soon as I step out and I get sucked into the vortex.
- I am doing quite well with edits for my book, but sadly I am not going as fast as I would like. I pore over every minute detail – which I suppose is as should be – that I think the book might be done much later now. Besides, I have been advised to delay the launch till after the Olympics. Apparently people will not buy/read it. Who knew?
- Olololo, see the number of umu akpu obi going shirtless all over the street. Do they not know that I am a married woman, eh? One who is a serious writer for that matter and must not be distracted by…by..ahem! See these smalling boys o! Chukwu nalu ekwensu ike.
- What are small-small children doing fornicating on the street? This photo was taken from two weeks ago. I still cannot get my head around it:
What are these smalling children doing eh? See them, still in their school uniforms, just messing around. And for what?
*** In case you cannot see, there are three (black) girls to three (white) boys. The couple by the tables lay down, the girl between the boy’s legs at some point. The girl had the chest of a thirty-year-old and the braces of a twelve-year-old. The hidden set is of a boy sitting on a bench, trying to convince the another girl to ‘have a go’ because their friends – the obvious couple – were snogging. (Granted, I imagined this bit.)
The girl in green arrived last with another boy. She kept her distance,preferring to swing by herself. The girl in white you can see, is the snogger. ***
And while my liberal self rejoices at such uniformed interracial-ism, I cannot help but wonder, in such an unequal world (males above females, white ‘above’ black), if there was to be a scandal who would find themselves the losers? Please if you have daughters, pick their ears very well. A young, black girl is already twice ‘disadvantaged’ in society.
- In fact, I am vexed now. In the playground? Where did they expect me to look? I mean, even I, who knows exactly what to do with a man in my lair (and have biblical right to do so, oh yes!) was forced to avert my gaze. Issorai.
- I am not bikini ready. In fact, I have never worn a bikini in my life. To me, it’s false advertising. What of I’m prancing about in my bikini and someone decides to give me a shove into the pool? I can’t swim.
- I defy anyone to eye my unshaven legs on the bus this summer. In my country, my hairy legs are very hot among men of my tribe. All boys avert your gaze! These are for men only…well, now one man. Anyway, avert!
- I wish I could swim. I guess I am going to have to settle for a shower. Man it’s hot.
7 thoughts on “(Not quite) weekend ramblings: Summer is finally here!”
Yes o. it is finally summer. I am feeling the heat no be small. We thank Obasi di na elu cos i was really getting tired of Brit weather.
Abeg rock that leg hair. I cant be bothered to shave o. Who no like should waka pass lol.
As for those umu ntakiri, i want to understand the social dynamics. Is it a ‘black girls dating white boys club or the other way around? Whatever it is, like you noted the girls are gonna get the short end of the stick whatever happens.
That hairy leg picture is hilarious! I don’t shave o, abeg…
Girl, even my knees are hairy.
Man, i do get tired of shaving! Unfortunately, i do not possess the boldness to stop. *sigh* I shudder just thinking of the stares i will get from walking around with hairy legs… I think Europe might be more forgiving in such matters…yeah?
I can’t wait for the book…you did say there was going to be a surprising twist for those who all ready read the story?…I am saving my coins to buy it…Yup!!!!
Yes, there is. There is one major change and one huge twist!
I really don’t know what to say about these kids 😦
It’s rather unfortunate.