Sometimes, you come across a story that makes you question everything you’re doing. Like, why are you alive? What are you doing wasting your life when you know you will never be as great? What is the point of toiling when all people want to read is ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’?
I have just come across one such story. I am in despair. This story wins all the awards ever invented and that will ever be invented in the future. I am going to hurl my laptop out of my third floor window after I put this post up because there is JUST NO POINT.
Here are eight reasons you should read this story:
1) It is a conservative Christian fanfic of Harry Potter: The author did not want her children to become witches so she decided to do her own. Hear her: “Friends: this is exactly what I have been saying! Harry Potter has many good things about it; but it still has witchcraft; so my children cannot read it. BUT that is why I am writing this! So they can have all the adventure and good morals of the Harry Potter books without all that bad stuff that is bogging it down.”
2) Hagrid is a sexy, country evangelist .
3) For sentences such as this one: “Answer the door, Harry!” his Aunt Petunia, a career woman, barked from her armchair where she sat with her feet up.
4) For the words ‘Hogwarts School of Prayer and Miracles’.
5) Barack Obama is Voldemort.
6) No brooms or flying cars, just the awesomeness that is “Dear Lord, take us to Hogwarts!”
7) Her version of the Sorting Hat is P.R.I.C.E.L.E.S.S. You pesky Catholics and all your many sorting hats. Tsk, tsk!
8) Reverend Albus Dumbledore, his wife Minerva and Hermoine, his daughter.
9) The females, man: ‘Lovely, ladylike tears began to roll down her delicate, terrified face.’ ‘Hermione replied obediently with an innocent, girlish smile; and got to her feet; and smoothed out the skirt of her becoming, pink frock.’
10) The author randomly interjecting with her views: ‘It did not smell or taste like bacon. It missed that smokey, meaty taste that bacon is supposed to have. Instead, it tasted like vegetables blended together and died red. Yuck! Harry would take real bacon over that any day of the week.’ – And this when a character other than Harry is doing the eating. Harry has not even tasted the ‘bacon’.
11) This image:
Click here to read the whole story!
Like I said, I give up on this writing lark. The author takes all the biscuits.
9 thoughts on “I am giving up on writing.”
Nwunye mba nu
here’s a reason you shouldn’t;
if and when i decide to read this famous harry porter remix, twill be cos you; NWUNYE, recommended it.
Nne, you’re a great writer (probably not as ‘sung’ as you would like, nonetheless great) #iheimachakwa
…err, that laptop will look great on my table, please fling it my way, a na eji gi eji? Afukwana!!!
HAHAHAHA! Who is this Frank Onye Nkuzi? Okay thank you, let me go downstairs and pack the pieces.
Hahahahaha. Grow a thick skin, sweetie and keep writing. 😀
Nah, I’m just kidding. But seriously though, have you read those chapters?!
Just read them and all I can say is wow…
Nna o di egwu bu this school of prayer and miracles story. I wonder what those poor children of hers think about being made to read that!
Haha! They probably will read Harry Potter now because of how terrible their mother’s version is.
We might be the only people reading it. I hope we are. (Or that the other readers see it as the total train wreck that it is. Like the people who slow down to gawk at a particularly bad accident.)
This was all the laugh I needed.